Holistic Association a lifestance organization
Holism comes from the Greek word Holos, meaning whole.
Holism is a philosophical or scientific theory direction in which the main essence can be summed up this way: «The whole is more than the sum of its parts.». The idea is that the properties of a given system (biological, chemical, social, economic, mental, linguistic, etc.) can not be explained or determined by the individual components alone. Instead, the system as a whole which is decisive for how the individual pieces behaves.
Holism was first advocated by Parmenides in the 500’s f.Kr In recent times, the term «a holistic view of humanity» that arose in connection with health. But holism occurs in many contexts, perhaps especially in ecology. Holism may also signify a belief.
Holism that we practice in Holistic Association is an undogmatic, spiritual belief. We believe there is a spiritual reality that can be experienced by humans. “Holists” believe that everything in the universe is interrelated and are part of the same spiritual reality. Holism is concerned with that we as humans are taking a responsibility, both as individuals and as groups, for the whole. Primarily for the Earth, the humans and the animals that live there.
Holistic Association is the largest of the organizations in Norway which place itself between religion on one hand and on an atheistic approach the other. The Association is comprised of people with a spiritual and questioning beliefs, regardless of religions. Members may have different opinions and perceptions about the spiritual reality. It is important for the Association to respect this diversity of beliefs.
The Association has great respect for the individual’s perceptions and experiences concearning the existencial questions about life. So even though the Association speak out clearly about a number of topics, our mission is primarily to encourage open-minded thinking about spiritual and holistic understanding.
What are the Holistic Lifestance(Holistisk Forbund) doing?
– Arranges holistic lectures (open theme meetings)
– Have conversation groups that we call spiritual workshop
– Is active in the Council for Religion and Lifestances (STL) in several places in the Norway
– Offers counseling to people with big challenges in life – and their families
– And offers the four most common rituals:
Name Ritual, Confirmation, Marriage and Funeral
About Holistic Association:
• Founded in 2002
• Around 1100 members
Holistic Association will help to:
• Bridging spirituality and science
• To promote organic farming and a more ethical management
• Resolve conflicts through dialogue and peaceful means
• Bridging different worldviews, religions and cultures
• Work for an equal status between traditional medicine and alternativ medicine